Thursday, July 05, 2007

Today I had my second experience with the earth shaking beneath my feet.

Apparently there was 6.1 earthquake in Tuxtla this evening . . . which is the main city about two hours away from here.

We felt a slight tremor here in Jaltenango during dinner . . . it was a bit bigger than the first I felt sometime last week when I was in Tigrilla . . . it lasted a little longer, too.

My time in Mexico has definetly brought about a lot of firsts . . . but I say experiencing an earthquake comes close to top of the "coolest" firsts.

Things are going well here . . . there are many stories to share . . . I was thinking today that I cannot wait to come home and tell people the stories that go with the hundreds of pictures I have taken.

To describe what it felt like to stand on what seemed like the top of the world . . . or share about some ridiculous game I played with the teenagers in Tigrilla.

Right now I know my pictures may seem like random images . . . but there are beautiful stories hidden in each picture . . . beautiful stories that I will take with me in my heart.

I'll be home in about month to share them with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home