Thursday, June 21, 2007

It is rare to encounter beauty that cannot be contained in words.

I saw it twice today.

My first experience with breath-taking beauty came during my ride through the mountains to visit two of the communites we will be working in.

I took this picture (along with many others that can be found here) while riding in the back of big truck soaring down the mountain.



The picture does not even begin to do it justice.

My second experience encountering beauty was during our "culto" (service) tonight.

Due to some car difficulties we were almost two hours late for service.

When we arrived the church was praying at the altar, waiting for us to arrive.

The focus of the rest of the service was prayer and testimony.

Five or six of the jovenes on the team got up to share their thoughts on what they had been experiecing over the last four days.

Juan (my faithful translator) was up playing the guitar . . . so Danny and I had no clue what they were sharing.

But as I was sitting there . . . just listening to them talk in Spanish . . . I was struck by how deeply these young people are committed to the work of God.

Most of them are younger than me by a few years . . . some have only been followers of Jesus for a year.

But their hearts are filled with this unexplainable passion and commitment to the work that God has set before them.

Bringing the kingdom here on earth is all that matters to them . . . they have sacrificed greatly to be a part of this project . . . to have the opportunity to plant these new churches in the communites we will be working in.

Here is a picture of the fine group of people I have spent the last week with . . . if you are the praying type . . . lift these folks up this week as they bring the kingdom to five different communities here in the mountains of Mexico.


2 Comments:

At 7:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss you jen. i am glad you are well and taking in every bit of this experience because before you know it, you'll be home again...

 
At 7:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was mandy...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home