Thursday, June 14, 2007

In yesteday's mail I received two cards . . . both from Bowling Green, Ohio.

Each had a sentence that really struck me . . . each had a line hit me like a beautiful ton of bricks.

The first read :

"You're gonna learn & grow so much this summer Jen & I'm genuinely excited to see who this makes you".

My nerves have been slightly on edge as my departure date approaches . . . the only thing that has been able to calm them is the reality of how much my life is going to be enriched by this experience. I, too am genuinely excited to see who my time makes me.

And the second read :

"When you are lonely and down remember you have lots of people in New York, Ohio, even Bowling Green, Ohio who love you!"

What a beautiful and much needed reminder. My life is filled with amazing people who love and care about me deeply . . . people who will miss me when I am gone. And if lonely nights come in Mexico . . . I will have them to think of . . . and I know that will bring me peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home