Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I did a little traveling this Memorial Day weekend.

Friday after work I headed down to Ironton, Ohio to spend some time with Kelsie and the kids . . . on Saturday afternoon I headed out to Oxford to spend some time with Cathy & Glenn and the Vertitas community.

Both my visits were good for my soul . . . the conversations, laugher and simple presence encouraged me in big ways.

Thank you Kelsie and Cathy & Glenn for your incredible hospitality and friendship.

Here is a little pictoral review of my weekend :


Grammy & Maggie on the porch . . . Grammy is a real cool lady . . . I am glad to have the privilege of knowing her . . . and Maggie, she is just a super sweet little girl.


It was good to get to hang out with Canaan (who was not a big fan of getting his picture taken) . . . my favorite time with him was at the park on Friday (which was in Ashland, Kentucky . . . there by being my first ever trip to Kentucky) . . . we "raced" down the slide. Which basically consisted of him going down before me, me exclaiming "Hey, wait for me!" and then sliding down after him. I think we repeated that game at least a dozen times.


What you are looking at is some of the finest bread in the world. Kelsie made me some cinnamon bread from the "Simply in Season" cookbook . . . it was absolutely amazing.
I mean it . . . amazing.


The drive from Ironton to Oxford took me through some of the most beautiful scenery I have seen in the state of Ohio. The majority of my three hour drive was spent on back, winding roads. It was a slow and peaceful drive . . . I soaked up every minute of it.


Somehow I left Oxford without getting myself a picture with Cathy . . . so my photo representation of Oxford speaks more to their community . . . Veritas. This the cup they use when they share communion. I got particpate in their weekly gathering on Sunday night. It was awesome to share a meal with them (turkey, asparagus, mashed potatoes . . .) and be a part of their conversation. I have really enjoyed getting to know this little community over the last six months.


There are some cool things happening in Oxford these days . . . these are some of the posters they processed some thoughts on during their retreat a few weeks ago. They are now up on the wall in their "community" room, where they meet for prayer every Thursday morning. The kingdom is coming in Oxford, Ohio . . . you can see it in the hearts and lives of Veritas.

1 Comments:

At 12:58 AM , Blogger Kara said...

Jen,
It was sooooo good to have you with us! I pretty much think that we consider you a part of our community, which is the coolest! I thank you too for being a part of the change here in Oxford. You have done something for us that I can't even put into words....Thank you! The truth is that the Kingdom is moving all the time but we have to grab it and hang on tightly.....I keep thinking of those parachutes that we used to play with at recess and camp.....where it beckoned to take an edge and lift it high to catch the wind....the wind was there, but you could see it better with in the flowing fabric...like lifting up a kite....we just get to be there to hold on and let His glory be revealed through the manifestation of His presence.
It is an honor to co-labour with Him and each other in the Kingdom.

This reminds me, I still owe you a post about princesses! no, I haven't forgotten...hehehe

I am sad that we have yet to get a cup of coffee (or whatever you want to drink). I suppose that I will just have to look forward to it after your return from Mexico.

Thanks for coming to visit!
I speak blessings and peace and joy, and renewal over the months ahead of you and look forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

In Christ<><
Kara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home