Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I think I forgot just how beautiful the mountains are here . . . simply breathtaking.

The hospitality of the people is amazing . . . the Molinas are beautiful people . . . it is a privilege to share a roof with them.

Maria has been taking very good care of us (the two gringos) . . . she has packed us extra sandwhiches each day, along with a cooler full of drinks.

Today is my third day here in Chiapas, Mexico . . . each day has been full of life and adventure.

I am one of sixteen jovenes (young people) involved in a missions project called "Project Paul".

We have spent the last three days in training and will continue the training tomorrow and Thursday.

Thursday afternoon we will be sent out to the communities where we will be planting churches.

There are five communities in which we will be working in . . . in teams of two and three.

My team has three people . . . the two gringos (me and Danny) and Juan, our faithful interpreter.

Danny is a gringo from Arizona who is here to work with Molina's for the summer . . . I have had a good time getting to know him . . . I will admit it is nice to not be the only gringo.

Our team will spend the first two days in the community participating in a program of the church of the Nazarene called "Maxima Mission" . . . youth from local churches will come and do community service and programs for children.

The following two weeks will be spent following up on the contacts made and finding leaders for the new church in the community.

As beautiful as the trip has been thus far . . . I am almost certain that I will be returning earlier than planned.

I had planned on being here for ten weeks and helping the Molinas with there work in Chiapas (along with having a good time being in their company) . . . however the last three days have birthed a new vision in my heart . . . a calling of sorts.

I am enjoying working along side them to bring the kingdom into the unreached places in Chiapas . . . but I believe God is calling me to my own "abandoned place of the empire" . . . a place I am to settle in . . . create roots . . . live and love deeply.

It has yet to be determined when I will return to Columbus . . . it will probably be sooner rather than later . . . I am eager to begin living again.

"Coming Alive" . . . is a concept that I have been praying through over the last four months . . . coming to Mexico was a large part of making that a realization in my life.

But I had no idea that coming alive here in Chiapas . . . would lead me home.

Only God knows.

Peace to you and yours this night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home