Sunday, July 01, 2007

I have heard it said that pictures speak a thousand words . . . but I don't think that pictures or words could capture the last 48 hours of my life.

The team in Tigrilla needed an extra "body" for a couple of days , so they sent the gringo . . . I am so very grateful that they did.

There are so many little stories from the last few days . . . from how I ended up there, to my experiences with "regla uno" and just tales from hanging out with twenty teenagers.

But my time is limited . . . so I am choosing to simply share with you a few photos of the people I spent the last two days with.

Hopefully I will have some time in the days to come to share more of my experiences with you.

Juan Carlos and Franscico . . . Franscico is obsessed with
learning English.I think every other word out of his mouth is asking
me how to say something in English.

Me, Mauricisio, & Alexis.

Mauricisio wanted a group shot holding the picture of the
American Flag he asked me to draw and sign for him . . .

David and Jose Manuel . . . our two bodyguards.
These guys follow us around on their bikes everywhere we go.
I don't think I could ask for better company.

This is most of the group at the "culto" (service) last night.
What an amazing and funny group of young people.

Did I mention how excited I am to go back tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home