Friday, April 13, 2007

I think I have allowed myself to come down with "broken record" syndrome.

I have noticed that I seem to be having the same conversations . . . sharing the same thoughts . . . hoping for the same changes . . . with no evidence of moving forward.

Granted I may be making tiny steps forward . . . and the thoughts that are shared make a little more sense each time I share them . . . but I fear I am suffereing from a serious case of "in-action".

It was on Good Friday . . . at the third station of the cross that I felt the weight of my in-action.

"Thy will be done" . . . that is all there is.

I thought about it a great deal that night . . . and tried my best to flesh it out then and there . . . so it would not just become another fleeting thought.

It is like there are these things in my head that I know I should be doing . . . and it not the kind of should that is oppressing and that brings guilt . . . it is the kind of should that speaks life . . . that pulls me toward something more.

I have said on multiple occasions that I am tired of talking . . . that I want my life to be overcome with action . . . but then I just keeping talking . . . or worse, I forget about it all together.

So what is to be done?

When will I stop talking and begin to really live?

Is the time coming for me to be fully alive?

1 Comments:

At 11:10 PM , Blogger Kelly said...

We are sooo excited you're thinking about attending Displace Me with us!

We don't have many specific details right now, other than the event starts at noon on April 28th. So we will probably leave the day before (we have to head down to Dayton to drop Halle off at grandma's). Maybe you could meet up with us in Dayton?? David Ballenger is thinking of going too. I'm not sure if you know him, but he is in the Columbus area as well. You guys could carpool to Dayton to hook up with us there and we could all ride together from there. We will probably leave Dayton around 7am on Saturday, so you could either meet us that morning, or come down the night before and spend the night at my parent's house, with us. It would be sleeping bag style, but hey, it's better than what we'll be sleeping in on Saturday!!!

Let me know your thoughts! Please feel free to mention this to anyone else you think might be interested. We are so excited and would love to have a whole train of cars on the way to Chicago!!! Woo hoo!

Specific event details can be found on www.invisiblechildren.com/displaceme. If you decide to go, you'll need to sign up on the website for the Chicago location. You can also read up on what to bring for the event.

Peace.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home