Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Soon after my arrival on Friday, we looked up my "while in Colorado to-do list" and set up making it happen.

Hunger was present among both of us, so we decided to head out to dinner (number four on the list).

On the way to dinner we stopped by her store (she is a manager for Bath & Body Works) . . . it was super cool to see where she worked . . . to learn more about her life (also known as number six on my list . . . one that we would return to often . . . )

We ended up having dinner at Calfornia Pizza Kitchen . . . before dinner though we stopped by Nordstrom's Cafe.

Soy Chai at Nordstroms . . . that is part of our history . . . something from Providence Place in Rhode Island.



This is me at CPK . . . eating a spring roll . . . I made Colyn take this picture as proof that I ate this new and foreign food.

The rest of the night was pretty uneventful . . . I got a tour of the mall we were at . . . learned more about Colyn's life . . . then headed back to her place to hang out.

Friday night into Saturday was the very first time in my life that I was awake for twenty four consecutive hours . . . this a huge and note worthy thing for me . . . twenty four whole hours.

Day two began fairly early . . . as we needed to get the tire fixed for the rest of our adventures.

It began the best way a day could ever begin . . . Colyn's "warm grapenuts" . . . a comfort food she once made me in Providence . . . also know as number one on my list.

This is where we went on our adventures . . .



We spent all of Saturday morning exploring the mountains at Rocky Mountain National Park.

Colyn and I then shared a meal at a little Italian place in Estes Park . . . Colyn said her meal tasted a little metallic . . . oh well.

The rest of the afternoon was spent watching movies at Colyn's place (number two of my list) . . . I got to view the likes of Channing Tatum twice . . . "She's the Man" & "Step Up" . . . good flicks.

After consuming her delightful "Shepherd's Pie" (number five on my list) . . . we headed for a 10:40pm movie . . . yeah, that's right, I went to a movie at 10:40pm.

It was great movie . . . "Gray Matters" . . . you should check it out.

Day two ended with falling asleep to "Ever After" . . . one of Colyn's favorite movies.

This is one of my favorite shots from day two . . .

The trip continues tomorrow . . .

1 Comments:

At 6:41 PM , Blogger Josh Frank said...

It sounds like you're having a great time. I spent an entire summer in Estes Park and loved it. LOVED IT. Hope your trip is refreshing, inspiring, eye-opening, and exhausting (in every good way possible!).

Peace,
Josh (Phil's friend from Scranton)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home