Monday, February 05, 2007

I am sitting in a little internet cafe in Jalentengo, Chiapas (Mexico).

It is beautiful here.

I hear it is pretty cold back in Ohio . . . I baked in the ninety degree sun on Saturday.

I am a little sun-burned and my back hurts pretty bad . . . but I am loving it.

In the last few days I have learned how to mix cement, make cement blocks, lay blocks, put mortar between them, pour foundation and so much more.

I donĀ“t think I have ever used a shovel so much in my whole life.

But beyond the hard labor and muscle aches, I have been able to experience the beauty of Mexico.

The people are amazing . . . they put us gringos to shame in their hospitality and humility.

The land is breathtaking . . . the mountains are unbelievable.

There is so much to say and I still have an entire week here.

I am not sure if I will find my way back to this little cafe, so I might not see a computer again till Saturday.

I am really glad I took the opportunity to come on this trip . . . really, really glad.

Peace and love my dear friends.

2 Comments:

At 1:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

jen,
glad to hear mexico is a good time for you. i hope to talk to you online when you get back.

take care friend,
tony

 
At 9:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss you jen. cant wait to hear all about mexico. love you. smile, lianne.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home