Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I know movies are fiction . . . at least most movies.

And in these fictional movies . . . the characters are not real . . . they are written by writers . . . crafting a story.

I am well aware that the character in the movie I saw does not exist . . . but people like him . . . people with his story and his pain . . . they do exist.

Pain like that exists in this world . . . gut wrenching pain . . . it exists.

There was one point in the movie . . . that I just wanted to tell him I was sorry.

Tell him that I was sorry that it hurt so much to remember.

Sorry that the pain cut so deep . . . that it changed him.

The depth of the pain made me question whether everything in this world really does have some redeeming value.

Whether or not light can be brought out of such darkness.

Whether all the parts of someone that have been broken can be made whole again.

I also wondered what being made "whole" again looks like . . . and how perhaps life made new may not be the same life it once was.

I thought a lot about redemption and I thought a lot about love.

I questioned whether my life speaks to those two things . . . whether they are something that I bring with me, wherever it is I go.

Cause I want them to be . . . to be with me . . . to radiate from me.

I want love to "Reign Over Me".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home