Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Yesterday was the first time I had been there in over six months.

I drive past that place every day on the way to work . . . but have not been since the day after Mandy & Fez got married.

I don't think I have quite figured out why it is I go there . . . I am sure I could attempt to name a bunch of different reasons . . . and though they would all be appropriate . . . none of them would really fit.

I went after I got off work yesterday and just sat there on the grass.

Sat there and remembered that day . . . the tent that surrounded the area . . . the casket . . . all of the people . . . the tears . . . the disbelief.

I ran through a couple of dozen "what if's" . . . questioning how things would be different . . . how I would be different.

There is no doubt that I miss him . . . no doubt as to how his life and his death have impacted my little world.

I spent a lot of today thinking about the kingdom.

I listened to a few lectures that Mark gave for Underground Seminary . . . he was such a passionate teacher.

I wish he was still here to teach me . . . I feel as though I have so much left to learn.

My head has the potential to be spinning in circles right now . . . there are so many thoughts . . . so many memories . . . so many questions.

But in the end . . . I know that I miss him . . . and that the fact that it has been an entire year . . . it just does not seem possible.

At the memorial service, I said that I would never take this life for granted . . . this life given to me by Mark Palmer, when he asked me to move her over two and a half years ago.

I hope I have held true to that statement . . . this life . . . this community is a beautiful gift . . . that I would not know if it weren't for Mark.

One year.

"It happened so quickly . . . after taking so long."

2 Comments:

At 10:18 PM , Blogger Josh Frank said...

Thinking of you guys tonight. Peace to you.

 
At 11:32 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of you friend. I've been thinking of you and holding thoughts of you close for the last few days. I'm glad that he's been such an important person in your life...and that he brought you here......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home