Friday, April 27, 2007

I know I have already posted something similar to this before . . . but last night, in a conversation with my good friend Kyle Bowman . . . it came up again.

I wrote the following paragraph or so for the upcoming Missions Convention at Northwest Nazarene Church . . . the church attached to the childcare that I work for.

They asked me to share about why I am going to Mexico this summer . . . this is what I wrote:

One of the mornings that I was in Mexico in February, I was asked to lead the devotion. I shared with them some scriptures that have been heavy on my heart . . . words that God would not allow to escape from my soul. I read from Isaiah 35, which speaks of redemption and restoration. I told them about my struggle with God's call on my life, and that I did not know what to do with it, since I left the path towards full-time traditional ministry. But that even though I had not figured out what the next ten years of my life were going to look like . . . I was 100% sure about the nature of my vocation. I knew then and I know now that my life is to be about telling the story of God's redemption and restoration.

When I left Mexico . . . I left knowing that I wanted to return . . . that God had awakened something in me while I was there . . . something that could not be denied.

So two months from now I will be in Jaltatengo, Mexico . . . spending my time with the Molina Family and serving among the people there. I am going because I know God is asking me to . . . He is asking me to give my life completely unto His service . . . and I don't have any problem with that. I long for my life to be a life dedicated to service, redemption, restoration and resurrection . . . I want my life to radiate the love of God to this world.

So that's my story . . . or at least the beginning of a new chapter in it.


Kyle and I talked about the kingdom last night . . . about how it is to be realized in our lives.

We are desperate for action . . . desperate to live lives that reflect God and his kingdom.

And lately, to my surprise . . . I've noticed this kingdom life is taking on a different shape than I had anticipated . . . but one that I am welcoming with open arms.

Be peace . . . be love . . . my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home