Saturday, November 27, 2004

Stories To Tell

Kerri mentioned in her blog that I probably had tons of stories to tell about my Thanksgiving experience . . . she just might be right.

This Thanksgiving was the first Thanksgiving that I did not spend in the NY with my mom and other assorted family members. So instead of finding my way back to NY a few days ago, I found my way (along with Kerri & Eric and the kids) to the Kerri's parents house in Gahanna. The highlights of the Wednesday to Thursday that I spent there are as follows in no particular order:

1.Being used as a work slave.
2.Hanging out with some really amazing people.
3.Kerri's grandfather asking me if I had a boyfriend . . . and bringing it up a bunch more times in random conversations throughout Thanksgiving day.
4.Having Riley accidently spit some already chewed cheese on me while we were playing Buzz Lightyear and he was hanging upside down . . . yummy!
5.Getting continually harrased by Debby.
6.Making a list of movies that I have never seen.
7.Going to Barnes & Noble, Wendy's & Walmart with Kerri on Wednesday night . . . and it simply being enjoyable, relaxing and normal.
8.Talking to my brother for the first time since I left New York.
9.Eating an awesome turkey dinner at like 7pm.
10.Realizing that these have people really become family to me.

Thanksgiving was great . . . I even enjoyed the hard work/slave labor moments. Seriously though, I was very grateful to be a part that day with those people. I had a few nostaglic moments, where I was simply overwhelmed with how my life has changed and the direction it has taken on . . . but in the end all I could really think about were things to be very much grateful for . . .

After Thanksgiving, came the busiest shopping day of the year. And of course being in love with my job at Old Navy, I worked from 9am-6pm. The day went by fast and it was one of my more enjoyable work experiences. After work I came home and relaxed for a little bit. Riley helped me put lights on the Christmas tree in my room. Then I headed over to 64 King for a little bit. I did not stay long cause I needed to get some sleep before I had to be at work at 2am. So by the time I left 64 King, stopped at Old Navy, and tossed and turned (cause who wants to go to bed 9pm) I finally fell asleep by around 10:30pm. Work came quick and went just as quick. But I am grateful for having the rest of Saturday and then Sunday off.

In other news, my mom comes to visit this week. She will be coming in on Thursday. The four days she is here are quickly filling up with activities . . . I am very much looking forward to her visit.

I am in the midst of trying to process some thoughts which I hope to write fairly soon . . . I know this post was more of a life update than a thought update . . . but it will come.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home