Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Fraction

Tonight, I identify very much with Dan Fox . . . with the idea of feeling as though I were but a fraction of the person I once was and the person I am capable of being . . . especially spiritually. And it is not just that I feel it . . . I know it. For I know from whence I came . . . I know the person I am capable of being . . . I know the person I desire to be . . . I know.

For those who are in my life that care to encourage me on going about becoming this person that I desire to be . . . please do . . . I need all the help I can get.

I would like to close this entry with the words from a song we sang tonight at gathering . . . a song that absolutely penetrates me . . .

The Wonderful Cross
When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of Glory died
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride

See from his head, his hands, his feet
Sorrow and love flow mingled down
Did ever such love and sorrow meet
Or thorns compose so rich a crown

O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
Bids me come and die and find that I may truly live
O the wonderful cross, O the wonderful cross
All who gather here by grace draw near and bless
Your name

Were the whole realm of nature mine
That were an offering far too small
Love so amazing, so divine
Demands my soul, my life, my all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home