Saturday, November 20, 2004

Central City

Here I am blogging from Central City, Pennsylvania . . .

I have not even been here for twenty hours and I want to leave . . . and I don't think it has all that much to do with all the negative anticipation I had coming here . . . it is simply about the desire to go home . . . to go where my life is now . . . to go where I belong.

It is good for the kids that I came . . . cause apparently they really missed me . . . Caleb refuses to stop hugging me and had me hold his hand the entire time we were at the mall last night. The conversation with John & Jen has been pretty civil . . . but mostly for my lack of input . . . I feel so ridiculous trying to explain to them what my life is about now . . . it just seems all to inadequate in their eyes.

Right now I am sitting in John's office at the church, they are having a "Turkey Bowl" at the church for the youth . . . playing some football and eating some turkey. As much as this was the entirety of my life for the last fifteen years . . . the more I am here, the more I walk around and step into the sanctuary and listen to the conversations, the more I know that this is no longer my life. I don't belong here anymore . . . is it okay to want to go home?

There is much more to say and I do promise to deliver once I am home . . . I have limited access to the internet here, so I am going to get busy processing some thoughts on my laptop and hopefully post them when I get back to Columbus tomorrow.

I am very much looking forward to Vespers tomorrow night . . .

3 Comments:

At 8:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My experience has been that you can never really go back to what was but you need to go forward remembering what was and using what was useful and discard the rest.Life is a journey-each person's their own special trip no-one can live someone else's.

I tried to respond under my name but it would not recognize me.

 
At 10:03 PM , Blogger Stetlers said...

We're glad you're ready to come home. I know you'll read this before you go to bed tonight, and that you probably wish there was someone home to talk with when you get to 827 NW tonight. Know that we love you and are so happy you are part of our family. I told my mom last week that you were concerned about coming to her house with me because you didn't want to intrude. She didn't understand...she said "Jen's family now." She's right. We'll see you tomorrow.

 
At 11:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen - hurry HOME, we've got a turkey to stuff!!!
Mom(debby)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home