Friday, June 02, 2006

The truth is that change scares me . . . lately (like the last year and a half) I have done my best to ignore that fear . . . but it is still there. And for some reason it has felt really heavy over the last few weeks. I've been so close to actually talking about it so many times, but have always stopped short of actually speaking it out loud. I've talked around it . . . but not directly about it.

Last night at gathering the "floor" was opened persay and Eric asked us to share about our lives . . . about ways the community could journey with us. I knew then and know even more now that I should have opened my mouth . . . but I didn't. And I have learned over time that I am pretty much the only one who suffers when I keep my mouth shut. Maybe next time I will open it and simply trust.

All in all, Thursday lived up to its reputation . . . it was a fine day indeed.

For the written record :

-One of my favorite moments of the day was sitting on the porch at 827 NW Blvd with Riley & Trey in the middle of a thunderstorm . . . talking about their time at their Nana's.

-It rained really hard today . . .


That's all I've got for now . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home