Friday, May 26, 2006

These guys are easily my new favorite band . . . I have only been listening to them for like a week . . . but I am loving them . . . big time.

I am excited that it is Friday . . . it has been a really good week.

It will be good to spend some time with my mom this weekend . . . and I am super excited for her to see my new apartment for the first time.

Ah, the joys of "growing up".

In other fun news, I "cooked" for the first time last night. I know most people have trouble believing that, considering I run the kitchen at a daycare, but the daycare is mainly food preparation, not really cooking. So for the first time last night I attempted cooking an actual meal . . . pineapple fried rice (a delicious meal I had while staying with the Evans in San Diego) . . . and I did it. And not only did I do it, but it actually tasted good.

Yesterday was simply a really good day, here is the breakdown :

-Work was really good . . . just the right amount of busy.
-I had lunch with Amy and we had a really good discussion on "The Resurrection of the Son of God".
-I spent most of the afternoon at 827 NW Blvd hanging with the Stetlers . . . which is always an enjoyable way to spend my day.
-Enjoyed a delicious pineapple themed meal with my community. We had grilled chicken (marinated in pineapple), veggies, pineapple fried rice, pineapple upside down cake, grapes and watermelon (the taste of summer).
-Listened and slightly particpated in a discussion about globalization, taking action and life in general.
-Finished the evening up with the hanging of a "darkening shade" in Baby Evan's room . . . I am so excited to meet him . . . he will be here two weeks from today.

The day was such a clear picture of the beauty in my life.

3 Comments:

At 2:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, it'll be really good to see you this summer. I'll be living right down the street from you (that's the hope at least).

curtis

 
At 5:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend. I will be seeing you soon, my friend. Rachel

 
At 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you also hung with that dude that lives at 995.

He is a delight to anyone's day.

Peace, friend.
mike

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home