Thursday, May 11, 2006

A beautiful Thursday . . . minus the rain and colder weather . . . it has been a beautiful day.

Presence . . . being in the presence of good people . . . people who love me. . . people with whom I can simply be . . . saved me today . . . saved me this week.

Simple presence . . . has been a very beautiful gift to me lately. In my less than happier moments this week, I've made the choice to simply be around people . . . and it has totally made the difference. And it wasn't about having some deep and heavy conversation . . . or letting the darkness that has been rolling around inside out (though I am sure I could have done that if I needed to) . . . it was just about being with people.

About taking a walk to the park and racing down the slide.

About sharing a meal with family.

About losing horribly at "PIG" . . . but laughing hard . . . as I made feeble attempts at making a shot.

About conversation about the little things . . . the daily grind of life.

About building a block tower and watching Spiderman climb to the top.

About walking to the pizza store . . . a new and fabulous tradition.

About good friends and good conversation.

About helping clean up at the end of the night.

About a simple ride home in the rain.


Presence . . .

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally thought of a game I could beat you at (maybe). At least I was a champion at it in 4th grade. Four square. This summer the squares will be drawn, the ball will be bought, my back yard will become a haven for 4 square. we will need to find 2 others though. maybe, we could join an allience with each other, and take on the world.there will be no stopping us then. Sound good?Rachel

 
At 5:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful...
may God give you many more days like these....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home