Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Ohio Reads

Today is a really cool day for me . . . I start my first day as an Ohio Reads Volunteer in Stevenson Elementary in Grandview . . . I will be working with mostly third graders and some second graders on their reading and cognitive skills. Needless to say that I am very excited.

Yesterday was a cool day as well. Work went by fast (it helped that I was in an extremely good mood). I spent the afternoon gathering supplies to create a birthday present for a friend of mine in NY. Then I got to go to gathering. I was really tired and considered not going . . . but am extremely happy that I did. As we sat there singing "We Exalt Thee" . . . I knew there was no where else I would have rather been . . . I really love these people.

I will be sure to post after my fun morning . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home