Friday, October 15, 2004

Changes

Since moving to Columbus my life has changed quite a bit . . . and though I was prepared for some the changes (only by having foreknowledge that they would happen) . . . there are some that have taken me completely by surprise . . .

For example . . .
1) My exposure to new (yet normal to most people) foods . . . like vegetables and chili . . .
2) How much I love hanging out with Riley & Trey (and sometimes even Luis) . . . there is no end to the fun that can be had with the kids at the Stetler house . . . absolutely no end . . .
3) The friendships that have developed . . .
4) My perspective . . . the things that once mattered so much to me, now mean so little . . . and what they have been replaced by . . . can only be described as priceless . . .


I did not expect my life to change so much in a month and a half . . . I am not sure what I expected when I packed up my car and my life and moved to Columbus last month. But whatever sort of expectations I had . . . well they have simply been dwarfed by the experience itself.

Change is not always easy and often requires extreme amounts of effort . . . but there is no way I could (nor would I want to) go back from whence I came . . . I like the person I am becoming . . . I like the person I get to be here . . . it is though I am finally getting to be me . . .


It appears as though there is something new and different on the horizon . . . something I did not think was possible in my life . . . something I have been needing . . . I am not sure how to begin to express what I am thinking and feeling on this subject . . . but I am grateful for the opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home