Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Two years ago today I was sitting in front of my computer, overthinking whether or not I should leave a comment on Mark Palmer's livejournal. A comment about where I saw my life and spirituality heading . . . a comment asking for some help.

Two years ago today I left that first comment on his blog . . . a comment that lead to a series of emails . . . that led to one of the biggest decisions of my life . . . moving here to Columbus, Ohio to do life with these folks collectively known as the Landing Place.

Two years ago today my life began to change in ways I still don't understand . . . but am deeply grateful for.

Two years ago today I began a journey that introduced to me to N.T. Wright, Yoder, Hays and many other religous scholars. A journey that introduced me to people that I now have no idea what my life would be like without. A journey that introduced to me to myself, or at least parts of myself that I had never really met before. A journey that introduced me to life.

Two years ago today . . . Mark Palmer entered my life.

Three months ago today . . . he left it.

I miss him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home