Friday, September 17, 2004

My Day

So my day was pretty interesting. I had my orientation at Old Navy . . . which was basically nothing new, considering that I have worked with the company for over three years. I don't officially start till after the 26th. Starting a job in the retail world made me think about the holidays and where and when I will go home. Though the holidays while I was in Rhode Island were hectic because of the time I could take off from work , I was only a three hour drive from home and could make everything work. Now I am an eight hour drive and am already feeling anxious about what will happen come Thanksgiving and Christmas. Though I would love to go home and see my family, I am worried that I will not be able to get the time off. So I have my mother already thinking of alternative plans for coming home . . . maybe the holidays were be a little nontraditional this year and not so close to the dates. Anyway, I know it is slightly silly to be worrying about the end of November in the middle of September . . . but I figured if I vented it now, I would not really think about it all that much. I guess I am more concerned about my family and how they might react if I was not home, then I am concerned about myself. Who knows?

I have had lots of thinking time ( almost enough to drive me stirr crazy) but I like the conclusions that I am coming too.

Peace.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home