Sunday, September 17, 2006

I just finished up a book entitled "Contemplative Youth Ministry" . . . it was great. Not just for the insight it provided into youth ministry, but for its ability to make me want to be more contemplative. Seriously . . . I am so stoked to start practicing some contemplative exercises. Anyone interested in diving head first in with me?

Fall is coming quickly in Ohio . . . the mornings are already a bit chilly . . . it is awesome. Though I have difficulty comprehending that summer is over . . . simply because it went by so quickly, I am looking forward to fall.

The Stetler's come home today . . . they are a pretty nifty family . . . who have been missed by their community while they were on vacation . . . I am super excited for them to be home.

I have learned a lot about being present to people in the last few weeks . . . I am coming to believe that being present and loving people is really all there is. And if that is what the rest of my life will look like, if I am to spend my days loving people and simply being with them, well then I am ready to settle in and begin living.

Be Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home