Thursday, January 26, 2006

Life lately . . . what a trip. Seriously more has happened in the last week of my life than I thought I could handle.

-For the first time I saw my dad as a human being, and not only that, but a human being deserving of great compassion.
-I also called my dad. The day after I wrote my post about understanding and compassion, I called him. I called to see if he had gotten the letter I had sent him the week before and I called to tell him that I loved him, since it had been years since those words had come out of my mouth. The conversation was simple, but really good. I am going to keep writing him and he might even come out and visit after the weather breaks. Who knows what will happen, but it is a start . . . a good start.
-I had a really good conversation with my friend Heather last Wednesday night. I found hope in her exclamation, “You are crazy if you think that’s all there is or is ever going to be”. I am working on not being crazy.
-I had an awesome talk with the Stetler’s on Friday . . . not that all my interactions with them are not pretty fabulous, but this particular conversation was really good, I put good use to my newly acquired communication skills.
-My friend Jen from high school came and spent the weekend here in Columbus. It was good time . . .I had a lot fun and it was simply cool to see her. She got a good glimpse of my life here in Columbus, got to meet some of the awesome people that make up my life and even got to play a round of hide and seek with Riley & Trey.
-The work week has begun and is half way over at this point. And it feels as though I have been dragging all week. The first thing I think about on Monday morning is how long I have to wait till the weekend. I need to work on a better attitude. I suppose I will just add that to my to-do list.
-I spent a good portion of yesterday (well my free time yesterday) reading "Jesus' Plan For A New World" by Richard Rohr. I have really enjoyed reading it thus far and have gotten quite a bit out of it. Thanks for the recommendation Kyle.

And now it is Thursday morning and I am only two eight hour shifts away from the weekend.

I've got a few minutes left to get ready before morning prayers . . .

Peace to you and yours.

1 Comments:

At 1:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm lovin you. and i wrote you a letter, but it's sitting in my bag cos i need to figure out where to get stamps around here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home