Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A few months ago, heck for all of my life up until this past week, I could have been quoted saying “Screw open and honest communication, it takes too much work and it is just not worth it”. And I really meant it.

But sometime last week that all changed. As I realized that my fear base for life was slowly disappearing the prospect of real, open and honest communication became a reality.

As is this case with most big life lessons or important changes, I needed to arrive at this point on my own. People could have and did talk to me endlessly about the importance of communication, telling me about its great value and what a great thing it would be for my life. And not only that, but that it was neccecsary, as in I could not live, live life to the fullest with out it. I heard them, I listened to what they were saying, but it did not change my disinterest in having “open and honest communication” as a part of my life.

And then sometime last week, in a very anti-climatic moment, as in I did not even realize that my thoughts and perspectives were changing, I just understood the value of communication, the freedom it brought (especially when you remove my ever present fear from the equation) and the beauty it added. I decided it was something that I wanted and needed to be a part of my life and ran with it.

And I haven't found cause to regret it yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home