Monday, January 24, 2005

So here it is 11:30 pm on a Monday night and I am still awake. I know this is very shocking, but there just seems to be so much to do and so much on my mind that I have managed to not go to sleep yet.

Had a really good conversation with Stetler about prayer tonight . . . the thoughts that were shared in the conversation have left an impression, one that I hope to work through in the coming days. I am not sure how to phrase it or how to do justice to what we talked about, but this is a brief attempt (Stetler feel free to correct me and tweak my way too small of a statement) . . .

It is not about praying for a specific means to an end . . . it not simply about something turning out one way or another . . . because in the end God is going to do His will, whatever that may be. It is about seeking God and the ability to discern His will, and with that the ability to live it out.

And as much as that statement is the best I can do at the moment, I don't think it does nearly enough justice to what we talked about. There is so much more than that . . . so much more than I don't know how to put into words . . . but tonight's conversation really helped my perspective on prayer . . . thanks for talking with me, Stetler.

I leave for NY in a less than 36 hours . . . and as much as I am looking forward to the time I will get to spend with my family and friends there, these last fews days have been filled with the most beautiful reminders of how much I love my life here, how much I love these people . . . my spiritual family and how very much my life has changed since I moved here five months ago.

May the peace of Christ be with you tonight . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home