Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Justification

So as I sit here waiting for my sheets to finish drying in the dryer (so I can go to bed), I am thinking about a conversation I had with Mark today about justification. I took a look through Romans and tried to see if I could read the passages about justification through the lens of what we were talking about. This lens or perspective believes that the justification Paul was speaking of was not refering to individual justification from sin, but as Yoder puts it in his book Politics of Jesus, "Rather justification by grace is a joining together of this person and that person, of near and far; . . . it is a social event." The people joining together in this context would the Jews and the Gentiles, forming the new people of God. I am really trying hard to wrap my head around this one and I am not sure how much progress I am actually making.

In other news, tomorrow is my last day working shipment at Old Navy. The job at NorthWest seems to be working out really well. It is sort of hard to believe that Old Navy won't be my main job anymore, it has been such a common thing in my life. In fact it has been the only thing that has been consistent in all the seasons of my short life thus far. So for me to be leaving it behind feels kind of strange, almost a little frightening, but it seems as though I have done it anyway.

Well, I think my sheets are almost dry . . .

1 Comments:

At 10:57 PM , Blogger margaret said...

what exactly does that mean?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home