Saturday, December 25, 2004

First of Many . . .

Tis my first Christmas morning in Columbus (and I believe it to be the first of many). I spent the majortity of yesterday with Kerri's family . . . people who have become very much like family to me in the last few months. And I am very much looking forward to spending the day with them today as well.

I have a tendency of not being able to receive gifts to well . . . I sort of always deem myself too unworthy. Well last night to my very pleasent surpise I got to open a stocking with the rest of the family . . . a stocking filled with things (post it notes, the little tabs I stick all over my books, candles, lotion and Christmas tree cakes) that were thoughtful . . . things that were very much "me". And it blew my mind. There is no way to express the words and feelings of gratitude I have not simply for the gifts in my stockings, but for the presence of this family in my life.

I just finished reading an article by Brennan Manning called "Shipwrecked at the Stable", if you have not read it this Advent season, you should. I pray that the intensity of my desire to see Jesus would grow . . . that I would find myself among the company of the "Shipwrecked".

Peace to you on this joyous day . . .


2 Comments:

At 1:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen
Glad your first Christmas in Columbus has been a pleasant one. What a great thing God aligned when He set aside a place for you in the Stetler home. I'm so thankful for and with you that you have gotten to become like family with them. :)
On a totally unrelated note though, would you please e-mail me your birth date? I sure hope it hasn't passed, I just have never known it!
Hope you have a great rest of the day!
Kelli

 
At 6:53 PM , Blogger Debby said...

I'm so excited I made your list, almost as excited as having you part of our family Christmas!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home