Wednesday, December 15, 2004

So there are probaly a ton of other things that I should be doing right (for instance reading one of the many books sitting on my desk or better yet . . . sleeping) . . . but I felt like writing about my day.

I just got home from hanging out with some really cool people. I had the privilege of having dinner with the Bells and Blinn. I am really grateful for the people who make up my family here in Columbus . . .

Another fabulous highlight of today was going shopping with Riley. Aside from purchasing him a sweet looking belt, we hung out at Target and played with the Polar Express train set at Barnes & Noble. I love hanging out with this kid . . . he is so funny . . . sometimes it is hard to believe that a few months ago I did not even know him or his amazing family.

Life has been treating me pretty well lately. Work keeps me busy and often pretty tired, but I like it . . . I enjoy the people. I also think I am finally getting back into my "reading" groove. . . . which is a good thing, cause there are just so many books and articles that I want to read . . . so many things that I want to learn.

In other news Christmas is quickly approaching . . . the chalkboard countdown upstairs reads the number "10". This will be the first Christmas I have not spent in NY with my mom and other assorted family members. I am not sure I ever envisioned myself so far away from the life I had in NY . . . but then again I did not really envision anything that has happened in my life over the past three months. As much as I will miss spending time with my family (who I am going to visit for five wonderful days in January) . . . I know that I am not all alone out here in Columbus this holiday season.

Well it is past nine o'clock so I really should be getting to bed . . .

1 Comments:

At 9:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

jen,
glad you're doing well, its good to hear about the chain of events in your day.
i'm also glad you are liking it here in columbus so much, we all like you too.
see you sunday at 64 king??
--kelli

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home