Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I am not sure why it is that I feel so physically drained lately. I know I get up early for work and all, but I also go to bed much earlier than I have in the last few years. It is only 8:00pm and I about to head to bed . . . and it feels pretty pathetic. I felt pretty pathetic leaving gathering early tonight, but it was probably in my best interest. I have not been doing too phenomenal lately and when you mix that with being really tired, it does not make for good company. My hope is to try to make it through the next two days (take care of myself and sleep alot) . . . so that I can have a rocking first Christmas in Columbus.

Some highlights of the day include car pooling to work with my frienda Haki & Greg (though Greg did not make it this morning). It is a new thing we are doing. I have been bringing Greg to work for the last few weeks and we just figured out through conversation that Haki lives like three buildings down from him. So I bring the warm car, Haki brings the hot chocolate and Greg, well he just shows up.

Another highlight of the day was meeting Kerri's cousins (second cousins possibly?) . . . my favorite quote of the day comes from the youngest Mckenna who is five. While playing with ocean mat and sea animals she said . . . "I am a shark, fear me . . . I am a manatee, fear me . . . ." you get the idea. Maybe you had to be there to experience the full cuteness of the moment. I am looking forward to meeting the rest of the Line family on Christmas Eve.

The final highlight of the day was the gathering of my community, my family, at 2257 Summit this evening. I feel privileged to have found such a home in these people in the last almost four months. I am sorry that I was not up to hanging out more there tonight . . . cause I really love being around them.

Have a merry one . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home