Friday, January 21, 2005

Everyday . . .

So this week was supposed to be the week I returned to writing . . . as you can see that has not really happened. There were a few times this past week that I sat down to write an entry, but I could never bring myself to finish it. Now here it is Friday (technically Saturday) at 12:30am and I am awake and writing, so I might as well go with the flow.

On the everyday life front, as most people already know I got a new job last week. Thanks to Fez, I now work in the kitchen at NorthWest Child Care. Though I loved my job at Old Navy, I found that I needed something with more consistency and stability. Today ended my first full week there, and I have to say that I am happy with my decision.

This past Wednesday night, two of my friends from Old Navy came over for dinner. Royal and Haki have definitely become two of my favorite co-workers in my co-worker history. They definitely made doing shipment at 5:45am something to look forward too. Kerri made an awesome dinner and then we just enjoyed hanging out and talking with each other.

In just about five days I will be boarding a plane and heading east to visit my family and friends in NY. I have not been back to NY since I left in September, so I am looking forward to seeing people and just being there. The five days that I will be spending there are already pretty booked up, between seeing family, the youth, and some old friends. I suppose I have a little bit of mixed feelings when it comes to my trip. A lot has changed since I left in September, a lot more than I thought would or could change. Regardless of my nervous anticipation, I am looking forward to five days that will be well spend with people who are very near and dear to me.

That is pretty much it on the every day news front. As per the thoughts rambling around in my head, well I am not sure where to begin. I think for now I will just mention that I am really looking forward to this session of Underground Seminary. Right now we are reading the book "Jesus and Community" by Lohfink. It has definitely given me a lot to think about and I have only read the first chapter. The constantly being exposed to new ideas and thought processes has been one of the more consistent things about being here in Columbus . . . and I like that . . . I like that I am being challenged and forced to think. I also have recently picked up the book "Spirit of the Disciplines" by Dallas Willard. And from what I read so far, it looks as though it will be a very good read.'

Well it is getting close to 1:00am, and that is where I call it quits, or should I say bedtime. I have the day off tomorrow . . . hooray for sleeping past 7am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home