Sunday, March 09, 2008

I have thought often of returning to blogging in the last five or so months.

But it was only in reading an old blog entry, from at least three years ago, that made me feel like I had something worth sharing.

Life has been full of change and transition lately . . . I am learning and growing . . . simply experiencing my sometimes crazy and hectic life.

I wrote the below passage shortly after I met Mark Palmer online and was considering what my future was going to look like.

To me the passage is filled with hope . . . and it a hope I will gladly cling to right now.

All of the questions I have been asking needed to be asked. All of the things that I have been thinking, I needed to express them, and to keep expressing them. They are so essential to who I am becoming, to the disciple of Jesus I am becoming. I am exactly where I need to be at this moment in my life. If I have learned anything in the last two years, it is that each moment of my life, no matter how dark or hopeless or happy and filled with joy, comes at exactly the time it is meant too. Whether I feel down or not good enough, or like I am in the deepest valley ever, it is exactly where I am supposed to be. This is a journey, there are tons of different points, high low and inbetween. It is not always a matter of beating the depression or finding a quick happy fix, it is finding the meaning behind each moment. Especially the hurtful ones, the ones that cause you pain in the depth of your heart and the pit of your stomach, they are the ones that often mean the most, that teach you the most. It is about discovering why it is that you are there in that place, at that time. It is about taking in the experience, not obtaining perfection. This life is not about comparsions, it is about a personal spiritual journey towards the heart of God. About becoming a disciple of Jesus and fully understanding how much it costs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home