Friday, August 27, 2004

A Time

As I sat at the Monroe Diner tonight I wondered if there would ever be a time in my life when someone will ask what I am thinking . . . like truly and genuinely ask . . . and than sit and listen to the answer. I love the people I was hanging out with tonight . . . but they have no idea who I am. They know the youth leader, church employee, semi-young adult. They don't know the disciple, the seeker, the person I am inside my head. And for the most part I don't think it is wise for them to know that person, because right now I do not think most of them would understand.

Tonight I felt like I was from a different planet. That the things that are so important to me right now . . . have not even entered the realm of thought in the lives of the most of the people I live my life among. If some people only knew went on inside my head . . .

Tonight I wish someone knew . . . I wish I could talk freely and openly about all that it is I am thinking . . . about just how much has been changing with me lately. And I know that is some what the point of this blog . . . but to have a real conversation . . .

I am still holding out hope that there will be a time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home