Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Garden State

I wrote two really long posts about the effects the above mentioned movie had on me tonight. One got lost in the temporary meltdown of live journal and the other is saved in Microsoft Word, because I could not bring myself to post that much raw honesty in one sitting.

Suffice to say, the numbness of my life (not necessarily a bad numbness either, just one that lives out everyday life . . . and lives it well) was subsided by the viewing of this movie. In identifying with the main character of the movie, I found myself once again feeling the hurt associated with my life and being real. I then also found myself in need of some safety . . . which cannot be found anywhere. Which is usually why I stick to being numb about most of the things I think and feel. And I am okay with that . . . it is only when I think of what it might feel like to truly feel safe that I am reminded of the hurt I feel.

But as long as my mind is occupied with life and living . . . I'm good. Here’s to life and living . . . until this crazy kid on this amazing journey can find some safety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home