Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Can God Trust Me?

So, can God trust me? I heard a message tonight out of 2 Timothy 2 about being a vessel of honor (good utensil vs. bad utensil). And the speaker said "Can God trust you enough to know that when He asks you to do something will you do it? Will you jump when He says jump? Will you do what He asks and not ask why?"

Out of the whole message that is what stuck with me the most. And when I tie that together with some of the reading I am have been doing lately (Challenge of Jesus by N.T. Wright and The Cost of Discipleship by Bonhoffer), I really had to ask myself whether or not God can trust me.

All I know is that at the end of the day I want to be the type of person that God can really trust . . . and I think after all these years of growing up in church and being a Christian, I am finally starting to understand what that means. What it is to be disciple, to be a part of the people of God, to be a follower of Christ.

It is almost as if God is saying to me, "You thought you had counted the cost before . . . well you ain't seen nothing yet." And my response is simply "Bring It On". For there is no other life for me than this . . .

"Jesus lead on . . . I will follow"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home