Saturday, August 06, 2005

As of late . . .

I took the Bell girls to see "The Perfect Man" today, you know the movie with Hilary Duff and Heather Locklear. And as pathetic as this is about sound, it actually inspired/motivated me to blog more.

So I know most of my posts lately have been random and not really about my life. Granted they have been about things I was thinking about, good quotes I read or songs that really hit me at the moment, but there has not been a lot of real life.

So here is my real life as of late :
  • I am considering going back to school. After a year of thinking and praying, I believe I have come back to something I thought I left behind. Except this time it looks and feels so much different. I am waiting to hear back about transcript & program evaluations. Once all that comes back, I will know more about what I am doing. For right now I am in the "wait & see" mode.
  • Work has been wearing me out lately. I did two early mornings this week (granted they were only a half-hour earlier than usual, but being their at 6am just feels that much more exhausting) and I was more than ready for my work week to be done when 12:30pm came around on Friday.
  • In July I went out of the state twice. I traveled to Boston over July 4th weekend (which I blogged briefly about) and a couple of weeks after that I took a mini-vacation to NY to spend time with my family and all see some friends in PA during my travels. The time in NY was good . . . definetly felt different, but good nonetheless. I am not sure when I will be heading out of state again. I hope to go and visit my friend Christa and her new baby within the next month or so.
  • Riley turns four on Tuesday. It is crazy to think I met him the week before his third birthday. Time has passed rather quickly this year . . . but at the same time it feels like an eternity has passed since last summer. Riley Stetler is one really cool kid and I am super glad that I get to share life with him . . . even if he tells me all the time about all the "unhealthy choices" I am making. Happy Birthday Riley!
  • I have enjoyed spending more time at 64 King as of late. Hanging out there on Monday, Wednesday & Friday afternoons as Micah naps is really nifty. It is cool seeing all the people that come in and out of the doors of 64 King (and the fabulous people who live there as well). I especially enjoyed hanging out there yesterday afternoon with Amy and Mark, they are just good people to be around.
  • I am currently listening to Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie, a song I have been listening to quite a bit over the last few months. Not sure why it has been resonating with me so much lately, but it has. So I keep listening to it. It is on this playlist I made on my Itunes, entitled "Welcome to My Life". Death Cab is joined by the likes of Keane, Polyphonic Spree, Sarah McLachlan, Anna Nalick, Howie Day, Semisonic and a few assorted others.
  • Today is my really good friend John's 35th Birthday and I think my second cousin Michael turns four today too. Happy Birthday's all around.
  • Life only moves forward . . . there is no rewind or going back . . . you can only move on.

So there are some brief updates. I hope to be a little more consistent in my blogging endeavors in the days and weeks to come.

Peace to you and yours today.

Your life is awaiting you . . . go and live it.

1 Comments:

At 6:58 AM , Blogger margaret said...

Was that Pastor John's birthday?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home