Sunday, May 22, 2005

I suppose I have been a deliquent blogger as of late. It seems I don't post all that often and when I do post, I really don't say much. The excuses of life has been really busy and I am not really sure what to write, seem old and trite. However, I feel like I am always moving from one task to the next and when the last task is done, I find myself going to straight to bed.

In the midst of all the busyness, life has been good. I work a lot, but I work with good people and good kids, so I don't really mind all the hours I spend at NorthWest. In fact, I really am enjoying getting to know the people I work with . . . they are simply good, fun people, who make work more enjoyable for me than they probably know.

In other life news, I am going to be able to go to NY to visit for Memorial Day Weekend. My mom and brother will be coming into town (Middletown - the town I am from) as well. I am looking forward to some quality time with my family, cause they are really cool people.

Also, I am looking for my vocation, so if anyone knows where I can find it, let me know. Actually, I am not really looking for my vocation, but I have been giving a lot of thought to how my vocation needs to play out in my life, how it needs to be a part of the formation of my life. I am not looking for all the answers or for a yellow brick road to appear to I can follow it into my future, I am just looking to be open. I want to be aware, to catch what God is speaking to my life. I know part of that will come when I commit more deeply to the spiritual disciplines . . . and I know that "when" needs to be now. It would seem I "know" a lot more than I want to admit, because "knowing" means I am responsible to do something with the knowledge. Doing something often means work . . . expending effort . . . going above and beyond the living of every day life. But I suppose it is about time that I do that in a serious way.

I suppose that is enough writing for now, I will close with a random thought I had in the midst of writing this post.

Random Thought :
If I can find myself completely in the love of God, find my whole identity, my safety, my security in His love, and not in the approval of others, I will be able to serve others and love them more deeply than I ever thought possible. Because if I am not depending on them for my self-worth, I will be able to be more self-less in the way I treat them. Which may be easier said than done, but it is very much possible.

2 Comments:

At 8:29 PM , Blogger Stetlers said...

good writing jl

 
At 2:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

liked your post...vocation..man, what does it all mean?!

It is strangly enough sometimes to just be open...
i feel ya kid!

~Heather H

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home